Thursday 2 June 2022

How much marks did Aman Goel get in his Jee (Mains and Adv) 2013?

JEE Main - 323/360 with the below break-up:

  • Physics: 92/120
  • Chemistry: 116/120
  • Maths: 115/120

I am not sure if I have mistakenly swapped my Chemistry and Maths marks. It has been almost 9 years now, and I don’t remember properly.

I scored 93.6% in CBSE 2013. Back in 2013, they used to normalize the marks of Board Exams and give them a 40% weightage. 93.6% in CBSE is nothing extraordinary and accordingly, my JEE Main All India Rank was 617. Because I anyway got a good rank in JEE Advanced, I didn’t care much about my JEE Main rank/score.

JEE Advanced - 293/360 with the below break-up:

  • Physics: 113/120
  • Chemistry: 89/120
  • Maths: 91/120

My JEE Advanced All India Rank was 33 which helped me get into the Computer Science Program of IIT Bombay.

The remarkable difference between my Physics marks of JEE Main and JEE Advanced is because, in the JEE Main syllabus, there are a lot of chapters that, back then were not in the JEE Advanced syllabus. For instance, Semiconductors and diodes, etc. Physics was the strongest subject for me, just that in JEE Main I could not score well due to these chapters.

Apart from this, I also appeared for (and qualified) some other exams - KVPY, INPhO, INChO, etc. I did not appear for BITSAT.

Additional reading: How did Aman Goel improve his AIR from 617 in the JEE Mains to 33 in the JEE Advanced?

No comments:

Post a Comment