Thursday 2 June 2022

What is the CBSE percentage of Aman Goel?

CBSE 2013 - marks in decreasing order.

Physics: 100/100

Chemistry: 99/100

Mathematics: 95/100

Physical Education: 92/100

English: 82/100

Hindi: 78/100 (yes, my school had 6 subjects)

If you aggregate the percentage for the top 5 subjects, the total was 93.6%.

I am not sure how this is going to help. If you are trying to draw a correlation between marks in CBSE and JEE Advanced Rank, then I think it would be a terrible idea. Honestly, I never separately prepared for the Board Exams, as can be seen from the marks in English and Hindi. Everyone scores well in Physical Education, so let’s ignore that as an exception.

My batch was the first batch from which the Boards marks became relevant for JEE. The idea was that only those students who are among the top 20 percentile of their respective board exams would be eligible to write JEE Advanced. Obviously, there was a criterion of rank for JEE Main as well. In my year, the top 20 percentile mapped to some 78% in CBSE and so, I was on quite a safe side. However, my JEE Main rank was a bit screwed. In spite of scoring 323/360 in JEE Main, my rank after normalization was 617.

No comments:

Post a Comment