The results were supposed to be announced on 23rd June 2013 but 21st June's newspaper said - "JEE results are likely to be announced today at 5.00 PM". We all became excited because we were expecting a good result.
Around 4.50 PM we opened JEE site - and it opened well.
Sharply at 5 , the server went down and the site didn't open. I was excited to know my result. Thanks to my friend Kartikeya Gupta(AIR 4 in JEE 2013) who checked my result and told me my rank.
We all were happy. My mother hugged me.
"IITB CS - yes it is!!" was my reaction. I received congratulations call from numerous friends and relatives. I also got a number of calls from various newspapers - they interviewed me and next day Kanpur's newspaper was flooded with my JEE result - see it yourself
It was a great feeling. The session 2012-2013 was one of the best for me. Here are a few accomplishments :
- JEE Advanced 2013 : AIR 33(IIT Kanpur Zone Topper)
- JEE Main 2013 : Score 323/360 (AIR 617 after including Board exams result)
- CBSE 2013 : 93.6% with 100/100 in Physics , 99/100 in Chemistry and 95/100 in Mathematics
- ICSE 2011 : 97.4% with 96/100 in Science and 98/100 in Mathematics
- CBSE Certificate of Merit for being in the top 0.1% in Physics
- Selected to appear for Indian National Physics Olympiad(INPhO) camp and awarded Gold medal
- Selected to appear for Indian National Chemistry Olympiad(INChO) camp
- Cleared National standard Examination in Physics and Chemistry
- Selected to appear for Asian Physics olympiad , Bogor , Indonesia (8 student team)
- Cleared KVPY 2013 (written exam + interview)
- Awarded AP grade for exceptional performance in Engineering Drawing(given to 8 students out of 423) , Calculus(given to 8 students out of 875) , Physical Chemistry(given to 3 students out of 875) , Linear Algebra(given to 11 students out of 872) and Differential Equations(given to 14 students out of 884) courses with a CGPA of 9.86 at IIT Bombay