Sunday 6 May 2018

Things to do in the last 20 days before the JEE Advanced

Here is what I’d recommend (and what I myself did):
  • Spend a lot of time in revising Inorganic Chemistry.
  • Purchase Resonance Rank Refiner package and solve a lot of problems from it. One of my seniors suggested that I have been solving a lot of FIITJEE material since past 2 years and so, I should try newer material from some other institute. I purchased a copy of Resonance Rank Refiner and it turned out to be quite good. The problems are quite close to that of JEE level. It is a good problem archive to solve at the last leg of the preparation.
  • Solve the past 10 years JEE papers once again. I particularly focused on JEE 2010 because it was arguably one of the toughest JEE papers around that time.
  • Eat healthy food. You do not want to fall sick at this time. Make sure that you keep yourself healthy.
  • Don’t play any sport. You don’t want to end up injuring yourself at this time.
  • Sleep for about 7 - 8 hours a day. Generally speaking, sleeping for 7 - 8 hours a day should be something that you should do daily. However, many students face a shortage of time and so, they try to cut down the sleeping hours. It is recommended that at this last juncture, you should take ample of sleep to keep yourself mentally fit.
  • Don’t hang out with people with negative energy. Everyone has that one friend who has all of the negativity of the world in himself/herself. Stay away from such people at this time. You don’t want any mental pressure at this time. Pro tip: stay away from such people at all times.
Bonus point: I did not study at all on the day before I appeared for JEE. In fact, I went out to hang out with my friends. My belief is that if you’ve prepared well for the last 2 years, 2 days won’t make much of a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Can you please share the link for the Rank Refiner? I am able to find Resonance Rank Booster but not the Rank Refiner.

    ReplyDelete