Thursday 2 June 2022

How did the JEE toppers used to de-stress themselves during long study hours?

I did the following:

  • Computer games - I was a huge fan of GTA San Andreas and GTA Vice City.
  • Cricket - I used to play cricket a lot in 11th standard. Didn't play much in 12th though.
  • Facebook - I used to often spend some time on social media, particularly browsing through JEE forums and discussion groups. However, I later realized that it is a waste of time.
  • Blogs - I used to read JEE toppers' blogs to learn their strategies. For instance, only after reading Vipul Singh’s blog did I pick up Arihant's books which turned out to be extremely useful to improve Maths.

The purpose of these activities should be to give you a break from your studies and not to waste time doing them. For instance, if you want to play computer games, do that for say 30 minutes and that too after a 3-hour long study session. Otherwise, you're sure to feel guilty.

Each minute of your time should be invested and not spent. If you're playing Computer games, that should be an investment in the sense that it should recharge you for another 3 hours of study.

No comments:

Post a Comment